What are Transform Groups?
Transform Groups are small groups of around 10-12 people that meet throughout the week mostly in homes, online, or other locations for about 90 minutes to build friendships, learn the Bible, and grow spiritually. Transform Groups are a great way to get connected and get to know people and make new friends while growing in your relationship with God.
Who are Transform Groups for?
Whether you’re brand-new to TC or you’ve been coming for years, a Transform Groups is a great next step for anyone who wants to grow in their relationship with God and others through relationships.
Why should I join a Transform Group?
· Weekly Bible study will help you grow in your faith (Psalm 119:11; 2 Timothy 3:16-17).
· Prayer from others helps you get through the tough times (Philippians 4:6; 1 John 5:14-15).
· You’ll meet new friends in this busy city that will encourage you (Proverbs 27:17).
· You’ll have fun with other people going through the same things you are (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10)
What is a typical group meeting like?
Each Transform Group is unique, but generally, all groups have some social time with snacks and conversation up front, followed by a time of study and prayer. The meeting will last somewhere around 1 & 1/2 to 2 hours.
How often do Groups meet?
Groups usually meet once per week for a semester of usually 6 – 10 weeks.
What about childcare?
Each individual group is responsible for deciding how to handle childcare needs. Some options are:
· Have parents arrange for sitters on their own and attend the group without children
· Chip in together for a sitter who watches the kids in a different room while your group meets
· Group members take turns watching the kids each week
Can I host and/or facilitate a Transform Group?
Yes! We are always looking for additional people to facilitate a small group and/or individuals to open up their homes to host a Small Group. No experience is necessary. If you would like to facilitate a group or host a group send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.