STEP SIX: TRANSFORM GROUPS
A Transform Group is a great next step for anyone who has completed Growth Track, Starting Point, Emotionally Healthy Spirituality and Emotionally Healthy Relationships.
- Weekly Bible study will help you grow in your faith (Psalm 119:11; 2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- Prayer from others helps you get through the tough times (Philippians 4:6; 1 John 5:14-15).
- You’ll meet new friends in this busy city that will encourage you (Proverbs 27:17).
- You’ll have fun with other people going through the same things you are (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10).
Each TC Group is unique, but generally, all groups have some social time with snacks and conversation up front, followed by a time of study and prayer. The meeting will last somewhere around 1 & 1/2 to 2 hours.
Groups usually meet once per week for a semester of usually 10 – 12 weeks.
You can sign up online by clicking “Find a Group” button. Once you find a group, click email the leader and request to join the group. You can also join a group by signing up on a Sunday morning via connection card.
Each individual group is responsible for deciding how to handle childcare needs. Some options are:
- Have parents arrange for sitters on their own and attend the group without children
- Chip in together for a sitter who watches the kids in a different room while your group meets
- Group members take turns watching the kids each week
Yes! We are always looking for additional people to facilitate a small group and/or individuals to open up their homes to host a Small Group. No experience necessary. One of the exciting components of TC Groups are small group meetings in homes. All you need is a living room large enough for around 10 or 12 people and a TV & DVD player. If you would like to facilitate a group or host a group send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!